Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Central Machinery quality?

On 3/8/2021 11:20 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Jack writes:
On 3/6/2021 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Hummmm our local store must have not gotten the message.Â* I got my HF
gloves at the old regular price last year.Â* But yeah, looking at the web
site they have tippled in price.

Have you priced lumber lately?

Just went to HD and 2x4x8 is almost $7. Oak, Maple and cherry around $20
a board foot, walnut $32/ft.

What woodworker buys hardwoods from HD or Lowes? Crappy lumber
priced by the linear foot. Much rather buy by the board foot
at a real lumber yard with a much wider (pun intended) selection.

I'm hoping Maple, cherry around $20 a board foot was a type-o. Same for
walnut.