Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Central Machinery quality?

On 3/8/2021 12:20 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Jack writes:
On 3/6/2021 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Hummmm our local store must have not gotten the message.ÂÂ* I got my HF
gloves at the old regular price last year.ÂÂ* But yeah, looking at the web
site they have tippled in price.

Have you priced lumber lately?

Just went to HD and 2x4x8 is almost $7. Oak, Maple and cherry around $20
a board foot, walnut $32/ft.

What woodworker buys hardwoods from HD or Lowes? Crappy lumber
priced by the linear foot. Much rather buy by the board foot
at a real lumber yard with a much wider (pun intended) selection.

I bought one oak board at HD because it was easy and close, and I was
there. To travel to a yard that actually had that one board I needed
would not have saved me much, if anything. Thanks for wondering though.

The board was primo, not "crappy" at all. What makes you say it was
crappy? I think (know) you are making that up. 50 years of building
cabinets I know what "crappy" lumber is, and this wasn't it.

--
Jack