Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 20:44:43 -0000, Ralph Mowery wrote:

In article ,
says...

I doubt they do anymore. When I was in high school the theory was Latin
was the basis in part for many languages. The shop and business kids
took Spanish which would have been handier in later life.

The college entrance kids took two years of Latin and then a modern
European language, usually French for the arty types and German for the
STEM crew.

French was interesting. Due to the French Canadian influence some
students spoke Quebec French which had departed from continental French
in the 17th century. The teachers had mostly learned Parisian French.

Not counting all the Spanish speaking comming into the US, is any
language other than English useful to anyone that is not going to be a
language teacher or interpreter ?

It's high time everyone changed to English.