Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default TOT Threatening letter from HMG

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/03/2021 09:07, Nick Odell wrote:
On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 00:59:06 +0000, Steve Walker
wrote:
On 06/03/2021 20:27, alan_m wrote:
On 06/03/2021 17:32, Rod Speed wrote:

Its not even feasible to have and endless list of specific jobs for
many.

How do insurance companies cope with that question?

My job title has been, for some years, "Senior Control and
Instrumentation Engineer" or "Senior Control, Electrical and
Instrumentation Engineer", with "Control" being the major part. For
insurance, I have always had to put "Instrument Engineer", "Electrical
Engineer" or "Engineering Consultant", as there is not mention of
"Control" Engineering .

My insurance broker persuaded me from the start to call myself an
Instrument Maker rather than a Musical Instrument Maker because the
first five letters of the full title lead insurance companies to
believe that you are a doped-up waster who crashes cars and smashes up
guitars in hotel rooms.

I believe it's difficult to get car insurance if you know any famous
guitarists in case they trap a finger in the door.

I don't know how they would find out, but I expect they would invalidate
the insurance if they did, regardless of the claim.

Wouldnt happen here, we have an insurance
ombudsman who would **** them over big time.