Posted to uk.d-i-y
JohnP JohnP is offline

Default Contrast wall - which

Roger Hayter wrote in
:

On 6 Mar 2021 at 21:17:32 GMT, "JohnP" wrote:

I want to have a different coloured wall when I decorate the lounge.

20 x 12 feet

window & patio on one long side
fireplace & TV on one short side
doorway to hall other long side

I feel inclined to have the contrast and slightly darker wall as the
long side facing the window.

Are there any conventions or effects that this goes against?

There are no binding conventions and you are fully entitled to do it
whichever way looks good to you. But I think it is a little
unfashionable among the fashion police to have a contrasting wall
colour at all, nowadays. A feature thing in the middle of one wall is
possibly the modern version?

I suppose I could have the word "LOVE" on one wall!

Thinking soft ish colours - cream and a pale green maybe. Still battles to
be fought!