Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Central Machinery quality?

On 3/7/2021 10:18 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 10:52:14 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 3/6/2021 5:48 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

I used to use the flux brushed for glue but switched to the silicone
glue brushes that Wood Craft sells. Yellow tip, Black handle.

I bought 2 and have been using the first one for 10 plus years. And
Yes I saw the second one yesterday. LOL

Easy to remove the glue if you for get to wash it out.

Might work pretty good for plumbing flux too. Disposable brushes are nice,
but it just feels like such a waste when you're only doing two joints.

I'll have to look for those. How much does the silicone flex?

Puckdropper

Quite a bit. They have approximately 30 little fingers that are about
3/4" long.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/s...e-glue-brush-1

Silicone is the latest rage in cookware. I have a couple of brushes like
yours for basting, buttering, etc. We also have some spatulas, stirring
spoons, etc. We haven't tried any of the muffin tins or cake/loaf pans, but
I keep thinking about it. I see them used on the cooking competition
shows all the time. The food items just pop right out, like a ice from
a plastic ice cube tray.

Well for baking silicone has been around for quite a while, at least
10~15 years. I bought my wife silicone muffin tins, bread pans. She
pretty much hates them. So they tend to break down and become sticky
over a period of time. What ever is oozing out is oozing out in high
temperatures into your food.

High heat resistance (600°), stain-resistant, non-scratch, non-reactive
to foods, etc.

You can buy food safe silicone putty to make you own molds. Mold it
around a favorite item/trinket and make personalized cookies and
candies.

One example:

https://www.smooth-on.com/tutorials/...fast-easy-fun/

With a 3D printer, CNC machine or maybe even an Origin, the possibilities are
virtually limitless.