Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Firewood distance from Garage

On 3/6/2021 7:01 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
I can't find good information on the Internet, so was hoping you guys could
provide a bit of expertise.

An ice storm took down several large limbs and I've been cutting them up
for firewood (my latest woodworking project, ha ha). How far away from the
garage and house do I need to store the wood? It's going on racks, but the
only hard surface is a small patio next to the garage.

Puckdropper

My last house in CT had concrete poured wall for 4 feet so I put it
right up to the wall about 3 1/2' high. Never had a problem in 30
years. If it was siding I'd keep it a couple of feet away.

I also sprayed the wood stack with insecticide in spring or early summer.