Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Central Machinery quality?

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 08:43:06 -0500, Bill wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm glad I stocked up before Covid hit. They used to be in the $5/box range.
Now they are $18. HF has the same words on a sign in the stores as they
do on the website:

"Nitrile glove prices are up and supplies are low because of a worldwide
raw material shortage. Our profit margin has NOT changed and you can
be sure that when costs decrease so will our prices."

Luckily I still have 1 1/2 boxes of the $5 kind. In most cases, I get multiple
uses out of a single pair. I put on 6 coats of wipe-on poly and only used 1 pair.
Pull them off by the cuff so that they end up inside out. Let the perspiration
dry, turn them right side out, and they are good for another finishing session.
At current prices, I'm not about to throw them away after getting a little poly
on them.

After I went through my old $7 box from HF, I paid $23 for a box online.
I don't mind paying that for "cheap health insurance", for when I do
things like pump gas. They say the virus is mostly not transmitted that
way, but the glove make me feel safer. Wife and I just got our first
shot of the vaccine the other day, so we can sort of see the end of the
tunnel from here.

After May or June of last year I got over my paranoia. Our
restaurants were only limited to curb-side for about six weeks and
were back to our normal routine immediately after. We've never been
in a tunnel but did get the second shot a month ago.