Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Edge Sanding

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:38:57 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/5/2021 8:56 PM, Bob D wrote:
On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 10:56:18 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
Yes, Steve says that they have 2 of that particular
sander in stock and I tell him I am on my way.

...and then there were none. After you told me the long sad story of all your days of searches, I called and bought the one remaining sander at Clarke's Hardwood. I ordered the edge guide from Harteville Tools.

Bob

I thought of you BOB when Steve said he had one more. LOL

Have you ever been to Hartville HArdware???
MY DIL's parents live about 3~5 miles from that store. INCREDIBLE!!!

Obviously a long drive to Ohio but wow it is almost a destination by it
self.

The store is similar in size as HD or Lowes but multi stories. And
every department is HUGE.

The tool department is incredible, the first place I put hands on a
Shaper Origin in 2019.

I saw one in Highland before that, I think. At the time I said
"that's cool but *$2500* cool???". The demo on Youtube of the floor
inlays changed my mind but it's still a lot of money. That's why I
was interested in your inlays. I wanted to know how hard it really
was. Professionals can make really difficult things look easy. I'd
never think of inlaying a $10,000 floor with templates and a router.

And they have depth on most every tool brand that you would consider buying.

And I just found out, when looking for the sander that Hartville ships
for free with no minimum quantity or value of sale.

Nice. I can't remember what it was that I ordered recently that was
fulfilled by , with catalog included in the packing material.