Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Ethanol

Rod Speed wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 05 Mar 2021 12:42:06 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

[quoted text muted]

What I am trying to say that when unleaded fuels entered the market
they
were toxic. You wouldn't want to inhale the vapours or get any
splashed
on your hands.

More so than regular 4-star ?

I often use petrol for cleaning oily car components. And don't bother
with
gloves. My hands didn't fall off after unleaded disappeared.

But there is some cancer risk due to the higher level
of benzenes, and don’t you have prostate cancer ?

Benzene is bioaccumulative. It collects in bone marrow.

That means every time you choose to expose yourself to it,
you're adding to the total amount stored in your bone marrow.

Paul