Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 19:19:11 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 4, 2021 at 11:40:48 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

Windows 10 has a bug (oh, you use a mac, must blame your fingers instead) - sometimes copying doesn't do anything, so you end up pasting the last thing from the clipboard, which could be rude!

I am trying to get used to control+option+1, 2, 3, for my past several
clipboards (I have a clipboard manager) but find it is easier to use the menu
in most cases. Who can remember what you copied and in what order? I do pin
the manager to the side of my screen if I am using it a lot so I can use the
hot keys.

I would never even bother trying that. As you said, how do I remember what I put where? It would only be any use if I was copying nad pasting a few different things for the same task, then I might remember. But it doesn't solve the problem of the copy key ignoring me, so I paste something else into the conversation. And if it's a live chat, you can't take it back!

I generally just do it the "normal" way but there have been some cases I want
to be pasting multiple things in multiple areas... but even then I use the
mouse to drag and drop from the clip board manager more than the hot keys.

Unless you have multiple screens or a very large screen, dragging and dropping is very difficult. This is why I hated the older macs (I think they fixed it now) - if I wanted to copy or move a file from one folder to another, I had to have both on the screen at once, clumsily arranging them. In windows I just used CTRL-C to copy it, went to the destination, then pasted it.

Try he- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCPYmtEQiG18

I nearly did that while testing my handbrake for the recent MOT. It worked better than expected, and I couldn't disengage it quickly enough. I didn't mean to do a handbrake turn!

The video is now gone.

No, one of you silly mac users inserted a superfluous 3D into the link. A C should follow the equals sign.

Odd. Should not be from the Mac... but who knows.

Probably html or ASCII or the like. It's amazing that even the space character causes problems, getting converted to %20 etc. 50 different standards for spacing and carriage returns, it's a bloody mess.