Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default OT Nearly got scammed ...

On 05/03/2021 12:38, tim... wrote:

On 03/03/2021 16:34, tim... wrote:

On 03/03/2021 15:45, tim... wrote:
what sort of intelligent person believes random caller that says
"your computer is running slowly"

(i) mostly unintelligent people
(ii) or supposedly intelligent people who haven't a clue how
*anything* works *at all* (C.f. 'Art Students').

How are they supposed to know this?

do they have a camera installed in your house watching you, or
something?

Don't need that. traffic analysis can give you a clue actually.

but that's a fault within their network

No.
If you car is travelling slow as evinced by e.g. a GPS signal phoning
home, it might be the car or it might be the traffic.

or it could be that I am just driving slower

That would be 'the car'

--
€œIt is not the truth of Marxism that explains the willingness of
intellectuals to believe it, but the power that it confers on