Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Fan/Blower bearing support

I have an air handling unit down due to fan failure .... its a DC
variable speed blower, and the rotor is a tangential set of blades
fitted around the motor .... on one end there is a ball bearing race
that is held in the form of rubber isolating mount/bush.
Presumably to provide noise isolation and some self-centering.

The bearing has seized .. OK I can replace that, but the rubber bush it
mounts in is very soft ... so assume damaged.

I have ordered a new blower but there is a 13 week lead time !

The blower is EBM fan Model D1G133-DC17-52 48V 118W

I have uploaded picture of the rubber bush in its 'spider frame' ....
does anybody know if the rubber 'bush' is a standard item I can get
anywhere else.

EBM advise they don't sell parts only complete assemblies (13 weeks)

https://flic.kr/p/2kHeKth