Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 03/04/2021 11:37 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:41:52 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:48:03 -0000, rbowman wrote:

That reminds me of a theif's slogan: Spectacles, testicles, wallet
and
watch.

That's a Catholic thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Ah! That's where I heard it! They probably invented it.

It was around long before Python, along with god's phone number

https://patricktreardon.com/gods-phone-number/

Google translate says "Et cum spiritu tuo" means "And with your spirit",
but I think it means the altar boys are asking for a quickie with the
priest.

You really need google translate for a simple Latin phrase?

Yep.

Modern education is grand.

I've always been hopeless and foreign languages and
have been forced to do 3. Not Latin or ancient Greek tho.

Anybody who wasn't destined to be a burger flipper took at least two years
of Latin at my high school.

More fool your High School.

We would argue over the pronunciation with the kids from Catholic High.

They might have done more religioous stuff but we read Caesar's
'Commentāriī dē Bellō Gallico'.

More fool your High School.

Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres...

**** off wog boy.

I was flipping channels on Christmas Eve and came upon a Mass in Latin.
Some dweeb was doing a voice over in English.

While the priest was ****ing the altar server.