Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:51:52 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2021 22:34:06 -0000, David Brooks
wrote:

On 03/03/2021 22:08, David Brooks wrote:
On 03/03/2021 20:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:43:59 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/21/2021 11:50 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Come to think of it, the same car a year earlier was a write off but
not
a right off. A woman (it's always a woman) reversed into the side
of me
in a car park. She bent the central pillar and dented both doors
severely. Her foot had slipped off the clutch and she reversed
rapidly. The insurance company inspected my car and said the damage
was
more than the value of the car, so gave me the value of the car,
£700.
I kept the car, bought my boss's car which was almost identical but
falling to bits for £70, and swapped the doors over, then bent the
pillar back with a sledgehammer. £630 in my pocket due to stupid
insurance.

A friend bent the center pillar and we attempted to straighten it by
tying a come-along (winch) off to a sturdy maple tree. We succeeded in
pulling the '59 Chevy sideways across the drive in a series of small
hops. Cars were sturdier then.

I sorted my Peugeot out more easily. I took it to a small local
garage who did some other minor work after I rear ended someone. They
hadn't bent back the huge bend in the front of it yet when I was
passing, so he actually told me to get in my car and reverse as hard
as possible. He tied a chain to it and a sturdy fence post at the
side of his garage. Somehow I got it just right. He probably asked me
to do it so I wouldn't blame him if the front fell off.

I did a similar thing with my hedge once. I needed to remove some
stumps, so I tied a chain to each stump in turn, and the other end to
my towbar, then drove forwards rapidly. The stumps flew out of the
ground nicely. My neighbour didn't like it, since I was driving the
car across my drive directly towards her kitchen window.

Reminded me of this!

https://thepiratebay0.org/user/raidy/

Oops! :-(

Wrong link. Sorry.

Windows 10 has a bug (oh, you use a mac, must blame your fingers
instead) - sometimes copying doesn't do anything, so you end up pasting
the last thing from the clipboard, which could be rude!

Stealing music, are you? Piracy is not a victimless crime and Interpol
has been informed.

Every time I see that message on a DVD I get a real urge to hoist the
Jolly Roger.

That message was removed from all the DVDs I made, along with all the annoying trailers.