Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Amazon Prime - inertia selling?

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 10:32:37 +0000, nightjar wrote:

On 03/03/2021 21:09, John Rumm wrote:
(to throw them a curve ball, ask them which Amazon account they are
talking about. I tried that, and they gave me my phone number!)

The people who call to tell me there is a problem with my broadband also
have problem with the question 'Which one?'. I then explain I have four
broadband connections, with three different providers at two different
addresses and they usually give up.

;-)

After ****ing one about for some time I let on that I don't have 'BT
Broadband' (that they were supposed to be calling from) and they
insisted that *all* Internet is provided by BT Broadband. ;-)

Bless them, they got the basic idea but didn't go as far as
independent cable suppliers, like VM (is Hull Telecom (was it) still
alive)?

Hull Telecom became KCom (via Kingston Communications). They provide my
service, buT I don't deal with them directly.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England