Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Amazon Prime - inertia selling?

JohnP wrote:

I recently bought something and tried very hard to not agree to Prime - but
in my rush to get an order completed I accidentally agreed to Prime. Howver
it is very easy to cancel if you go into your accound and "Manage My
Account" or similar. I have saved the email acknowldegement.

It certainly requires you to keep your wits about you to avoid
accidentally selecting Prime. There is a checkbox which says it
will remember your chosen delivery mode, but fails to prevent it
offering Prime at every opportunity.

Every time I place an order, the button to move forward is
insignificant, but the Prime one is big and bright. One
accidental click and you are straight in, whereas cancelling
requires a series of confirmations that you _really_ want to
leave, with regular reminders of what you will be missing.

It is interesting to compare the number of chances it gives you
to change your mind about cancellation, with the lack of same
when you accidentally join.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK