Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
charles charles is offline

Default OT Nearly got scammed ...

In article , Rod Speed
wrote:
williamwright wrote
tim... wrote

what sort of intelligent person believes random caller that says "your
computer is running slowly"

There are people around who aren't very intelligent. In fact some
really stupid people seem to survive to a ripe old age.

And plenty more that know so little about technology that they don‘t have
a clue whether their service provider can work out if their computer is
running slow or not but are aware that a service provider can ring you
and tell you that there is a problem with the service being provided.

I know the proprietor of my ISP personally. I know he can interrogate my
router (which he provided). He also know my phone number, so he can ring me.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England