Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default OT Nearly got scammed ...

Anything they could find failing that put a bomb in so some weeks on you
cannot access your machines data and are asked to send them bit coins to
unlock it.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jimmy Stewart" wrote in message
Wife got phone call this moning fom Virgin media and the indian caller in
a busy call centre told her her computer was runing slow and she could
speed things up...wife didn't have her laptop on and couldn't find her
glasses so she hollered out the window to me in the font garden to come in
and speak to the wummin'....so I came in and spoke to her....she asked me
if I had my computer on and what was the key to the right of CTRL....I
told her FN and she said to push the windows key to the right of
that......at that point I twigged it was a scam and hung up....she phoned
back imediately and I hung up again....I assumed it was a scam but the
scarry thing was The wife would have fell for it....what info were they
after after they took over the computer ?