Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Texas power

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 2:02:22 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 09:16:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

In real life I don't need a better example of stupid financial
decisions than Griddy. It happened.
Bob had the right answer.
If you are going to play this game, you better be watching the market
24/7 instead of just being happy your lights are on without asking how
much that costs. These people could have cut their losses by flipping
the main breaker right away. That $10 grand or whatever would have
bought a real nice whole house generator and had plenty left over.

Sure, I expected that would be your answer. Expecting regulators to prevent
this kind of absurd ripoff is too much to ask for. And that is exactly what it was.
Or are you going to try to tell us that some power suppliers had legitimate
costs that suddenly went up 100X in a day? But at least it's consistent with
your '**** the Kurds". This time it's **** all the consumers in TX, it's their
fault and this kind of abuse of capitalism is OK. Are you living in 1900?
Even the barrons of the day back then probably didn't pull this crap.

These are Texans, they don't think like easterners and they don't want
your opinion.

I should put that one in your record book. Texans don't want my opinion
but you, living in FL, speak for them. Got it.

My bet is there will be some legal action against Griddy, bills will
be cut and there will not be any regulation.
It doesn't affect any of us. They chose to be independent. I am going
to let them.

My bet is those bills will be brought down to reality and there will be new
regulation going forward. But then it is GOP Texas, so maybe they are that
uncaring and stupid. IDK. I see that bonehead governor just took off ALL
Covid restrictions on all businesses, no more mask requirements, etc.
They are running at 7K cases a day, the more contagious variants are
growing, the UK one will be dominant in a few weeks. So let's see how
many more people we can kill needlessly before the vaccines kick in.
Go Covid, go! It's just a mask. So happy I left the GOP two years ago,
this is such total stupidity, all brought to you by Trump. He's the one that
mocked masks, discouraged people from wearing them, held maskless
death rallies. Monkey see, monkey do.