Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Senior Adult Chair

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 19:39:25 -0500, J. Clarke
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 18:01:48 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 21:46:56 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

J. Clarke writes:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

[snip]

Take a look at the Herman Miller, Knoll, and Steelcase web sites.
You'll find very expensive exceedingly high quality chairs. If you
can afford the price, call them, give them the specs, and wait for the
truck. If you can't, once you find the chair you want, ebay is your
friend--chairs of this quality last through several owners.

I presume the OP, who asked to be pointed to "plans", plans on
building the chair, not buying it.

... heavy duty, wheeled, high back with headrest, and tilting.
... oh yeah - light weight ..
Good luck finding a DIY plan for that chair !
John T.

I recognize that he wants to make it. And as a 300 pound senior
citizen I'm advising against it. I've had too many commercially made
chairs die under my weight (even when I was much lighter) to be
sanguine about the durability and safety of someone's first attempt at
such construction.

+1
A senior falling out of a chair can be a death sentence. A 300#
senior, double so.