Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Senior Adult Chair

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

Or if commercially available fabricated or kit, links please.

Need the following:
suggest a wood species.
strong but light. i.e. no heavy woodwork.
wheels for carpet
high seat for easy sitting and standing
very firm seat. wood with 2" inch cushion.
tilting back
high back with head rest.
strong arms
rotate chair over base.
wide seat.
suitable for 300 lb person.

All suggestions welcome.

Thank you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

Or if commercially available fabricated or kit, links please.

Need the following:
suggest a wood species.
strong but light. i.e. no heavy woodwork.
wheels for carpet
high seat for easy sitting and standing
very firm seat. wood with 2" inch cushion.
tilting back
high back with head rest.
strong arms
rotate chair over base.
wide seat.
suitable for 300 lb person.

All suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Office chair. ... not made of wood - but otherwise ..
The "control room" 24 x 7 units are well built
but pricey .. and not exactly lightweight.
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

Or if commercially available fabricated or kit, links please.

Need the following:
suggest a wood species.
strong but light. i.e. no heavy woodwork.
wheels for carpet
high seat for easy sitting and standing
very firm seat. wood with 2" inch cushion.
tilting back
high back with head rest.
strong arms
rotate chair over base.
wide seat.
suitable for 300 lb person.

All suggestions welcome.

For a 300 pounder you want a _good_ chair, and if he (or she) is a
senior especially so--a chair breaking is annoying when you're 30 but
can be a trip to the ER when you're 80.

Take a look at the Herman Miller, Knoll, and Steelcase web sites.
You'll find very expensive exceedingly high quality chairs. If you
can afford the price, call them, give them the specs, and wait for the
truck. If you can't, once you find the chair you want, ebay is your
friend--chairs of this quality last through several owners.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke writes:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

[snip]

Take a look at the Herman Miller, Knoll, and Steelcase web sites.
You'll find very expensive exceedingly high quality chairs. If you
can afford the price, call them, give them the specs, and wait for the
truck. If you can't, once you find the chair you want, ebay is your
friend--chairs of this quality last through several owners.

I presume the OP, who asked to be pointed to "plans", plans on
building the chair, not buying it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/2/2021 3:46 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
J. Clarke writes:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:23:58 -0800, Olden wrote:

Please point me to plans for an adult senior chair.

I believe you are right. He wants plans.