Posted to rec.woodworking

Default book on doing tech drawings

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 19:44:24 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 2/27/2021 1:40 AM, Bill wrote:
Emanuel Berg wrote:
Bill wrote:

I got one that was recommended here. I could look up the
title, but that's not really important. I just wanted to
mention that the used book stores (abebooks.com, etc.) have
these books-and they are priced right. Such a book will
probably have been published between the 50s and 60s. I can
come up with the title if desired.

Yes, please do 2nd-hand books are great. As are sometimes
brand new books. And even future books I guess Don't judge
a book by its publishing year

I think it was Lew Hodgett, who was a valuable contributing member
of this newsgroup, and boat lover, for many years, who recommended the
following book to me:** "Fundamentals of Engineering Drawing", by French
and Vierck, McGraw-Hill, 1960.* I have the 2nd edition, published in
1966.*** It will even help you to compute the values of the
trigonometric functions, sin(x), etc.,* using your slide rule!
The drawings in the book are at a level suitable for beginning
mechanical engineers!** Now that I have it out, I think I'll review it
some!* : )** Lew also liked the woodworking book, "Boat Joinery &
Cabinetmaking", and I collected that book too, and even bought a 2nd
copy to give to a friend.

I caught on early in my woodworking hobby
that books are cheaper than tools, though I have my fair share of both.

Yeah, many/most books can be less expensive than a tool.

Which book in particular actually drills, cuts, shapes, or sands wood?

In particular, green ones.