Posted to alt.home.repair
dan dan is offline

Default Troy-Bilt TB146 EC cultivator gas tank hoses

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 14:43:06 -0800 (PST), trader_4 wrote:

You can if it's the right size hose. That's why I said earlier that the hose has
to be the exact right size, both OD and ID.

The ID is more of a problem now than is the OD since the smaller OD (blue)
new hose went into the tank easily and the larger OD new hose (yellow) had
to be pulled through. The OD is so tight on the larger yellow hose that I
don't think gas will leak out. But gas could leak out of the smaller blue
hose but not much since both holes are on the top of the gas tank neck.

The ID is too small on both hoses and by a lot!

The new hose ID is so tiny that it's almost impossible to get the nipples
onto the hose but I didn't have any choice at Home Depot when I bought them.