Posted to rec.woodworking

Default book on doing tech drawings

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 15:30:25 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

on Sat, 27 Feb 2021 17:47:24 -0500 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:

OTOH, there is a level of "If you can't do this by hand, then how
will you know if you're doing it right with a computer or other
machine?" I've heard too many stories of organizations being
unwilling to hire someone otherwise qualified because they didn't know
The Software Package. Apparently "Software is hard to learn." and few
of those doing the hiring understood that certain tasks remain the
same "the question is how do I do it here?"

I suppose if you don't know how to ride a horse, you shouldn't drive a
car? You need to know how to shoe a horse before you learn how to
change a tire on a car? Muck a barn before changing oil?

You do seem dedicated to the idea that learning manual skills is
never applicable. No need to teach someone how to read a clock or
dial, everything is better with digital readouts, yes? Of course it
is. For some.

No, I'm saying that some tools are obsolete, except for interest. Some
think it's cool to make dovetails by hand. It's interesting but I
have no interest in learning how. Time is short.

I took The Fundamentals of Design class nought but ten years ago.
Much use of paper and pencil to learn about descriptive geometry and
how it worked.

The instructor was probably and old man too. ;-)

If you want to go straight to job training using a computer
package, go for it.

Or if you grow with the job.