Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default OT Why $7.50 is enough

In article , says...

Note the OP said "if they financed it". Some used car dealers offer buy
here/pay here financing and maintain the title until paid off. You
could get away with just dropping it off there. Not so much with a bank.

The dealer and banks keep the title in NC where I am at before the car
is paid off. That way if you quit making payments on the car, they just
come and get it if they can find it. I don't know, but if you did not
turn it over it would not surprise me they could go to the law and
report it as stolen.

Those buy here/pay here used dealers like you to do that because not
only do they get the money for the car, they collect the interist on it.

Most of the used dealers do not have that much in the cars anyway. Not
like the many thousands of dollars of a new car dealer.

Many of the used dealers go to new car dealers and buy the trade ins or
get them at auctions. They gurentee is that the car will make it off the
lot even if they have to push it off. New car dealers do not keep used
cars more than a couple of years old on the lot unless it is a special
case.