Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Why $7.50 is enough

"Heywood" wrote in message
On 2/28/2021 1:43 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim Joyce" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 13:58:34 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
lid says...
I had it back a number of times and finally at about 18,000 miles
traded
it in for another car. I had made a mistake of paying cash for that
car. Had I not , I would have let it go back after the 2 nd month
I had
it.

What does let it go back mean? I have an idea, but it can't be right.

To me it means drive it to the dealer , remove my license tag and tell
them to take that piece of junk and do with it what they want, I will
not be comming back after it. That is if I had financed it on time
from
them and had not made much of a down payment.

I doubt if anyone does that. Once you buy a car, it's yours.
Parking it somewhere else doesn't change that, so you end
up owning a car that you don't actually have in your possession.

Not if you stop making the payments, they take it back.

I don't think anyone does that.

Plenty do stop making the payments, usually because they are broke.

Note the OP said "if they financed it". Some used car dealers offer buy
here/pay here financing and maintain the title until paid off. You could
get away with just dropping it off there.

Not so much with a bank.

Those take it back if you stop making the payments.