Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default OT - minimum wage

In article ,
says...

Pensions from companies are generally going to be a fixed annuity.
They make a one time pay out to a financial institution. Back in the
olden days a company doing well might throw more money in the pot and
raise the value of the annuity but that is not likely these days. If
anything they will raid the pension fund and reduce it to the minimum
required by ERISA.

The company I worked for has changed owners several times. The first
one had a pension fund of about 2 times the required or needed money.
They raided that money to make the company more attractive to buyers, or
else the buyers took that extra money. Hard to remember what they did
about 30 years ago other than I remember a TV special on a show like 60
minutes showing how they raided that money.

One thing I seem to remember is the pension funds are somehow connected
to a sort of insurance thing where if the pension fund or company
funding it goes under, then you still get a guaranteed pension, but it
may be less than what you were getting.