Posted to alt.home.repair
dan dan is offline

Default Troy-Bilt TB146 EC cultivator gas tank hoses

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 08:42:20 -0600, Snag wrote:

The hoses are a tight slip fit in the holes in the tank .

OK. Good. That's what I was hoping. The larger yellow hose coming out the
top of the carb is pulled out cleanly so am I to conclude it's the return?

The supply
line will usually have a filter on the inside end .

The smaller greenish blue is the one that broke at the tank edge so it's
currently blocking the hole (I can probably pick it out though).

Am I to assume that's the input fuel line to the carb?

I install them by
cutting the end of the hose at a long taper to get it started in the
hole , pull it in as far as needed with long nose pliers or a hemostat
then cut it off square and install the filter.

I hadn't thought of the filter. It must be still inside the tank.

The return hose needs
only to come inside the tank , supply needs to be long enough to reach
the bottom of the tank - unless you only want to use the top half ...

What I think I'll do is poke out the greenish blue hose from its hole in the
gas tank and see if I can shake out the filter to reuse it (I didn't think
of buying a spare).

There's a black connector a couple of inches away from the carb which I
assume is a one way valve (but I'm not really sure what it is as it doesn't
show up in the tank picture on the Troy-Bilt web site).