Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default Floor lamp light fitting part wanted

On 2/27/21 6:27 PM, Amanda Ripanykhazova wrote:
My wife just brought home a torchere lamp. She says something about the bowl coming off in the taxi on the way home. i am trying to figure out what, if anything broke?

The glass bowl secures to the top of the column part by means of a plastic part (with a female thread) which fits through the light fitting hole at the bottom of the bowl and secures to a male thread on a collar around the bulb socket. The light fitting moves a bit but the collar is fixed so I cant move it in any way upwards. And I cant get the plastic bit to screw onto the fixed collar around the bulb socket.

The reason seems to be that there is a 4 inch diameter outer collar which the bowl sits on which sits 1/2 inch ABOVE the level of the threaded part of the collar which the plastic part screws onto. So when I put the bowl on, there is no way I can screw the plastic part onto the bulb fitting's collar!

Does anyone think there was a collar extender (which came off in the taxi?) between the collar and the plastic part which screws through the bowl please? How would I describe that collar extender and has anyone ever seen such a thing in a shop please?

It is not an el-cheapo lamp (though it IS made in China) and I cant find anything faintly similar in any torchere lamp image search online.

For starts the word is spelled Torchiere

Have you seen these websites:

https://www.antiquelampsupply.com/to...amp-part-index

https://foter.com/torchiere-lamp-parts

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Torchiere...f=nb_sb_noss_2