Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Troy-Bilt TB146 EC cultivator gas tank hoses

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 9:42:25 AM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
On 2/26/2021 9:02 PM, dan wrote:
Both the yellow (larger) and the greenish blue (smaller) Troy-Bilt TB146 EC
cultivator gas hoses crumbled when I took it out of storage.
https://www.troybilt.com/en_US/prior...AK146G766.html

I bought hoses at Home Depot but how do they connect to the gas tank?
https://www.troybilt.com/en_US/misce...753-06240.html

There's a black connector half way up (one way valve?) so it's easy to
connect to the carb but how do I make a watertight gas tank connection?

Is there something inside the gas tank that holds them in place?

The hoses are a tight slip fit in the holes in the tank . The supply
line will usually have a filter on the inside end . I install them by
cutting the end of the hose at a long taper to get it started in the
hole , pull it in as far as needed with long nose pliers or a hemostat
then cut it off square and install the filter. The return hose needs
only to come inside the tank , supply needs to be long enough to reach
the bottom of the tank - unless you only want to use the top half ...
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.

Agree, and that makes the right hose size both inside and outside dimensions
critical. It's always a pain to figure out what size they are, unless you want to
order the official ones at 10x the cost. I'd ad to the above that for the feed line
you can push/pull it a lot farther into the tank so you can easily get the end of it
out the fill opening to put the filter on, then pull it back to the correct length.