Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default OT Why $7.50 is enough

On 2/27/21 9:51 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 9:45:06 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 2/26/21 9:51 AM, wrote:
On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 9:43:15 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 2/26/21 9:27 AM, wrote:
On 2/26/21 9:01 AM, micky wrote:
OT Why $7.50 is enough

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1807595.html

"Republican Senator John Thune has rejected an effort from congressional
Democrats to raise the federal minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $15,
pointing to his $6 or less hourly wages that he earned working at a
restaurant as a €œkid€."

Thune graduated from Jones County High School in Murdo, South Dakota in
1979, when a $6 hourly wage €“ adjusted to modern inflation rates €“ would
amount to roughly $23 in 2021 dollars.

But he thinks, or he wants you to think, that if he got by on $6 or
less, people 41 years later should get by on 7.50.

If you don't want minimum wage, don't have minimum skills.

Are you aware that there are people who, no matter how hard they try,
will never have more than minimum skills? The retarded bagger at the
grocery store, for example.

Next you'll be bitching that those minimal-skills people are getting
food stamps because they can't afford to live on minimum wage.

Try not to trip as you step across their dead bodies in the streets.

Cindy Hamilton

Here's the thing Cindy: Every barrel has a top, a middle and a bottom.

I know that.

My guess is your rose-colored glasses prevent you from seeing that
bottom and accepting that every barrel has one.

Nope, I can accept that. But I'd rather see the bottom of the barrel
paid enough for their labor to live on, rather than sucking at the
public teat. Apparently you like to see your tax dollars pay for
Welfare.

Cindy Hamilton

Let them eat cake...

--
When did Western society decide that instead of helping mentally ill
people, we should indulge their delusions 100% and allow them to set