Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Troy-Bilt TB146 EC cultivator gas tank hoses

On 2/26/2021 9:02 PM, dan wrote:
Both the yellow (larger) and the greenish blue (smaller) Troy-Bilt TB146 EC
cultivator gas hoses crumbled when I took it out of storage.
https://www.troybilt.com/en_US/prior...AK146G766.html

I bought hoses at Home Depot but how do they connect to the gas tank?
https://www.troybilt.com/en_US/misce...753-06240.html

There's a black connector half way up (one way valve?) so it's easy to
connect to the carb but how do I make a watertight gas tank connection?

Is there something inside the gas tank that holds them in place?

The hoses are a tight slip fit in the holes in the tank . The supply
line will usually have a filter on the inside end . I install them by
cutting the end of the hose at a long taper to get it started in the
hole , pull it in as far as needed with long nose pliers or a hemostat
then cut it off square and install the filter. The return hose needs
only to come inside the tank , supply needs to be long enough to reach
the bottom of the tank - unless you only want to use the top half ...
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.