Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default bits for a Yankee push drill?

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:29:41 AM UTC-5, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Holy crap, you ain't kidding. From Wikipedia:

"There are multiple Chinatowns in the borough of Queens in New York
City. The original Queens Chinatown emerged in Flushing, initially as
a satellite of the original Manhattan Chinatown, before evolving its
own identity, surpassing in scale the original Manhattan Chinatown and
subsequently, in turn, spawning its own satellite Chinatowns in
Elmhurst, Corona, and eastern Queens."

My sister lovrs the Chinese restaurants, so it works for her.

We used to go to the back alley, basement Chinese restaurants in
the original Manhattan Chinatown. Real dives but the best Chinese
food made for real Chinese people. Ahh...that big giant bowl of
sizzling rice soup served family style.

I used to work/hang in downtown Flushing (Main and Roosevelt) which

I remember when the Woolworth's there closed. Never really a great
store, but one I visited many times.
Many a hot summer's night included a trip to the Lemon Ice King of
Corona. Looks like it's still going strong.

I think I was last there about three years ago. I can't find Italian
ices in California. Just one of many things so common in New York that
you miss when you leave.

Elijah
------
also kaiser rolls

The only real bagel is a NYC bagel.

I worked in a small shop that made hand made bagels. 2 brothers and me.

I'd arrive at 3 AM and start loading hot bagels from coffin sized bins into paper
bags that held 5 dozen each. Then I'd load up a big ole station wagon from stem
to stern, top to bottom and deliver bagels to grocery stores and deli's in all 5 boroughs.
The classic "leave the baked goods outside the door before they opened" scenario.

The Brooklyn cops stayed in Brooklyn and the Staten Island cops stayed in Staten
Island. That meant pedal to the metal on the 2 mile stretch of the Verrazzano-Narrows
Bridge. I topped 100 MPH more than once.

DerbyDad
-----
also dirty water hot dogs