Posted to rec.woodworking
Eli the Bearded Eli the Bearded is offline

Default bits for a Yankee push drill?

In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 5:27:48 PM UTC-5, Eli the Bearded wrote:
grew up in Queens and remembers that the Borough of Brooklyn is Kings County

Where in Queens?

Little Neck. The house had a huge yard. My mom was living there until
2002 or so. She sold it to a neighbor to move somewhere with less
upkeep. Since then the house has been demolished and replaced with a
McMansion. I've been back to look at it only once. There's no real yard
left and it's the biggest building on the block.

I grew up in Flushing, across the street from what used to be the open fields
of Queens College.

I know Flushing well. My father grew up there and my sister now lives in
my grandparent's home. Flushing sure has changed a lot.

My "time to leave" clock started ticking when they widened the road and
painted the yellow line.

My father's father lived in a house he built in the Bronx, then it
passed to my father's aunt, and then my parents lived there until I was
five. But the Bronx, well, it changed a lot after WWII. The house is
still there, but the area around it has changed a lot from even my
memories of the area. The small place next door, where a guy kept his
pet pigeons in a cage on the roof has been torn down for a multiplex.
The three car garage I remember is gone.

And the neighborhood, while it's been worse, probably still isn't even
back up to what it was when I left.

Elijah
------
now living in the house his wife grew up in