Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Why $7.50 is enough

On 2/26/2021 1:12 PM, Fred wrote:

Yes, I know many states do not regulate automotive technicians
with a mandatory licensing system - but they SHOULD.

That's completely mad. Anyone with real mechanical skills doesn't
need 4 years of study to do a decent job on modern cars.

And I know quite a few "mechanics" with university degrees
who went "back to school" to get a trade after their university
degrees didn't get them a "job"

And I know quite a few mechanics that never need to go back to
school to turn a pile of rusting metal into a fully restored vintage car.

I know people like that too. Some could not change the radio on a new
car though, an a lot of the other electronics.

You don't need 4 years but you need more than the old days.