Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default bits for a Yankee push drill?

wrote in message ...

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 05:12:36 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded

I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

For one thing, they fit in a tool pouch and are very handy while climbing
and working off ladders. I use one when installing signs on rail trails to
drill pilot holes in posts (I predrill and counter sink the signs
themselves). Combined with a regular screw driver, or Yankee screw driver,
yields a compact, light weight, reliable, electron free, way of making holes
and driver fasteners. ...and they are cool. ;~)