Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Landlords and EICR

Or just screw a cheap plastic box over the top... grin.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"David" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 20:21:58 +0000, ARW wrote:

Some of us here are aware that landlords now have to have an EICR every
five years on their rentals.

So I went to do remedial work on a report that was done by another
company.

C1 Danger Present C2 Potentially dangerous C3 Improvement recommended FI
**** It - I'll look at it later and that's going to cost you/it's 4pm
etc

For those that do not know the codes.

How would you code a smashed 20A DP immersion heater switch in the
airing cupboard showing exposed cores on a circuit that was removed from
the CU several years ago when the combi boiler was installed?

If there is no power to it, I would suggest an FI and possibly gaffer tape
or similar to hide the non-dangerous bits.

Cheers

Dave R