Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bits for a Yankee push drill?

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:36:16 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 3:18:45 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 14:50:55 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 19:46:51 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded
wrote:

In rec.woodworking, wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left
I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

It's long been my tool of choice to pre-drill for small nails when
installing trim or hanging light things on a wood backing. For bigger
holes, I'll prefer a cordless drill.

I broke the last small bit installing baseboard in my wife's shop.
(If I did that sort of thing more often, I'd consider a pneumatic brad
nailer, but I don't already have a compressor.)

Elijah
------
is not so well excercised that extra hard work would hurt
Get a cordless electric brad nailer

Do they work? I've been looking for a stapler. I've bought two,
neither was worth a damn. The reviews on all of them are pretty poor
(wish I'd looked before leaping), am really leery about trying a
third. Twice burned...

I had a corded nailer/stapler. Piece of crap.

My air powered nailers and stapler are a joy to use.

Ditto