Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default bits for a Yankee push drill?

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 2:46:55 PM UTC-5, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.woodworking, wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left

I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

It's long been my tool of choice to pre-drill for small nails when
installing trim or hanging light things on a wood backing. For bigger
holes, I'll prefer a cordless drill.

I broke the last small bit installing baseboard in my wife's shop.
(If I did that sort of thing more often, I'd consider a pneumatic brad
nailer, but I don't already have a compressor.)

Have you considered getting a compressor combo kit? Lots of options out
there, for as low as $150.

$200 - $275 if you want a brand name kit.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=compressor+combo+kit

Or just buy a compressor and pick up some air tools on Craigslist,
FB Marketplace and the like.

A compressor is great for more than just air tools. Topping off tires,
blowing dust out of equipment, etc. My 6 gallon unit lives in the garage.
I have a 50 ft hose on a reel and PEX run down to the basement shop.

Being able to grab a nail gun for a quick pop-pop sure is nice.