Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT. Springstein fined $500

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 9:41:48 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html

His BAC was .02.
The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

Has nothing to do with the BAC. He was fined for drinking alcohol where
prohibited.

But Snag was questioning why he was charged with a .02. Bruce had what
I figured would be the explanation for the drinking, which is that the prohibition
was only put in place in 2019 and he wasn't aware of it. I still don't know how
you wind up getting caught there in Nov, when there aren't a lot of rangers
around and the few that are typically aren't hiding or hard to spot, are in
identifiable vehicles, etc. You;d think before drinking shots sitting on a MC
you'd take a good look around too, even if drinking is legal, I sure wouldn't
be doing it sitting on a bike. Also curious that there is no mention of what
happened with the others. The story was some fans offered it to him, so
why wasn't anyone else ticketed, or maybe they were. Or normally those
rangers are by themselves, maybe while he was after Bruce, they left.

The no alcohol thing is sad. That was essentially the last beach in NJ
where you could bring alcohol. Seems they had more and more problems
with arrests for drunks, even serious motor vehicle accidents, in the part
where it's just mostly a straight paved road, one lane each direction.
And in summer enough traffic that you can't really go fast. Some drunk
walked off a 4 ft loading dock, trying to find the bathroom, people passed
out in the surf. So the small minority of aholes ruined it for everyone.

It's also wrong IMO that the park went from alcohol is OK to a full ban
with no warning. they should have put up signage warning that excessive
consumption won't be tolerated, that the fines have been increased to
$500 or $1000 offense, etc asked for cooperation in not being a knucklehead
and tried that first. But knowing knuckleheads, probably would have had
limited success. Still it seems like one of those lib bans, control, control,
control to me and I'm sure it's angered plenty of people.