Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Springstein fined $500

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html
His BAC was .02.
The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
..77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html
His BAC was .02.
The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
..08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html

His BAC was .02.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Â* Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

He refused the breath test and later gave a blood test. Nothing is said
about how much later the test was given. If yours later he would no
longer be drunk.

Penalty was appropriate as lawyer would have got him off but it would
have taken a trial.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:42:09 AM UTC-6, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html
His BAC was .02.
The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.

Nebraska calls it implied consent. One can lose his license up to a year for refusing a test. It doesn't matter if one is drunk. I don't know how that works if Springfield refused an immediate field test but later took one somewhere.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html

His BAC was .02.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Â* Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

Has nothing to do with the BAC. He was fined for drinking alcohol where
prohibited.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/25/2021 06:42 AM, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html

His BAC was .02.
The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

I wondered about that. Back in the day if my BAC got down to .02% was
when I wasn't fit to drive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 09:41:40 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html

His BAC was .02.
***** The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

* Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

Has nothing to do with the BAC. He was fined for drinking alcohol where
prohibited.

The original news report said that he failed the field sobriety test
- walk toe-to-toe ; finger to nose, type of tests. plus
admitted having just consumed a small amount of alcohol -
so that means a trip to the station for the breath-alyzer.
The drinking in public charge - by itself - would probably
have been just a ticket and a warning - but that charge is often
associated with other charges - and involves a trip to the station.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 07:43:26 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/25/2021 06:42 AM, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html

His BAC was .02.
The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

I wondered about that. Back in the day if my BAC got down to .02% was
when I wasn't fit to drive.

Our DUI was .08 in the olde days -
I think it's .05 now ?
And young drivers can't have ANY alcohol.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 9:00:19 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

According to the rangers he failed the field sobriety tests, eye movement,
walking a straight line. With the latter they told him what to do which included
walking say 20 steps and he kept going, did 30 or whatever.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 9:41:48 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html

His BAC was .02.
The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

Has nothing to do with the BAC. He was fined for drinking alcohol where
prohibited.

But Snag was questioning why he was charged with a .02. Bruce had what
I figured would be the explanation for the drinking, which is that the prohibition
was only put in place in 2019 and he wasn't aware of it. I still don't know how
you wind up getting caught there in Nov, when there aren't a lot of rangers
around and the few that are typically aren't hiding or hard to spot, are in
identifiable vehicles, etc. You;d think before drinking shots sitting on a MC
you'd take a good look around too, even if drinking is legal, I sure wouldn't
be doing it sitting on a bike. Also curious that there is no mention of what
happened with the others. The story was some fans offered it to him, so
why wasn't anyone else ticketed, or maybe they were. Or normally those
rangers are by themselves, maybe while he was after Bruce, they left.

The no alcohol thing is sad. That was essentially the last beach in NJ
where you could bring alcohol. Seems they had more and more problems
with arrests for drunks, even serious motor vehicle accidents, in the part
where it's just mostly a straight paved road, one lane each direction.
And in summer enough traffic that you can't really go fast. Some drunk
walked off a 4 ft loading dock, trying to find the bathroom, people passed
out in the surf. So the small minority of aholes ruined it for everyone.

It's also wrong IMO that the park went from alcohol is OK to a full ban
with no warning. they should have put up signage warning that excessive
consumption won't be tolerated, that the fines have been increased to
$500 or $1000 offense, etc asked for cooperation in not being a knucklehead
and tried that first. But knowing knuckleheads, probably would have had
limited success. Still it seems like one of those lib bans, control, control,
control to me and I'm sure it's angered plenty of people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:38:33 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman
wrote:

[...]

That is just another law written for lawyers. If they can't make the
DUI stick, the lawyer can file a motion and get your license back.
Most DUI lawyers will tell you to refuse the test if there is any
chance you will fail. Some just say always refuse. You still end up
paying the lawyer tax tho and that is typically up in 4 figures for a
simple case.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html

His BAC was .02.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Â* Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

Has nothing to do with the BAC. He was fined for drinking alcohol where
prohibited.

That was the case they could make but they still made the DUI and
reckless driving charges. Both were obvious bull****. It really sounds
like they stopped him before he even had a chance to drive recklessly.
Must have been Trumper cops ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

In NJ it's still .08. On the news tthis morning, someone from CNN,
Bloomberg, or NPR interviewed someone who said the police there often
charge more than they can convict for. I would add that in this case,
they saw him drinking, so it almost reasonable to charge him and maybe
required to give him an alcohol test. Maybe to be that low it was his
first drink of the day. Maybe he would have drunk more?

Not that I think the police are always right. Just one example: I was
just looking at the stars on a summer night, when a cop going north on a
divided hway went up and turned around, and ended up charging me with
carrying a concealed weapon, beause at 11PM I had a machete ina suitcase
in my back seat. I told him the truth, that I didnt' want it cut up the
uhpholstery.

Who was I concealing it from? I can just see me dresse like a gangster
in a pin striped suit with wide lapels, going into a bank with my
suitcase, whipping open the suitcase, pulling out the machete, and
yelling, "This is a stickup." I could use the suitcase to carry the
money.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:00 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
On 2/24/2021 3:44 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295487/Judge-dismisses-DWI-reckless-driving-charges-against-Bruce-Springsteen-November-arrest.html

His BAC was .02.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* The highest ever recorded is supposedly .
.77.
https://www.foxbangor.com/tmz/oregon-man-records-77-bac-during-dui-arrest-reportedly-highest-ever/

Â*Â* Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not
going to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

He refused the breath test and later gave a blood test.Â* Nothing is said
about how much later the test was given.Â* If yours later he would no
longer be drunk.

Penalty was appropriate as lawyer would have got him off but it would
have taken a trial.

Helps to have the facts . Thanks .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

If you like the uncited facts - go to Fox ! :-)
They will shout it at you until it seems almost real.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

I suppose you take what CNN and MSNBC broadcast as the truth ? Is
Rachel Madcow your hero ? I prefer "news" outlets that actually play
entire segments of speeches etc rather than short clips that are edited
to mean something other than what was actually said . For balance and
comparison , we also watch CBS news . It's the only real time
programming available due to our location .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

Â* Helps to have the facts . Thanks .

Hard to find. Says it was a breath test later and 0.02 but not sourced.
I read accounts and they vary. The time was not given between arrest
and test.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

CNN and MSNBC feed the viewers very slanted truths ;
Fox shouts ridiculous lies ..
I'll stick with BBC, CBC, PBS.
Johjn T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

Which all 3 lean to the left . I've watched some of their programming
too .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Must be a really stupid lawyer recommending that people who know
they haven't been drinking or only had one drink, should refuse the test.
Either that or they want business fighting to try to get dumb people's
licenses back that they lost when they didn't have to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

I hope that you realize that because the networks lean to the left, that doesn't
make what they report "fake news". That's the fallout we're still dealing with,
Trump turned anything that was reported on him that didn't say how great he
was, "fake news" and so many people are still there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Much bigger fish than Trump are using the fake news business -
not only to get rich but to make Presidents :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ri...urdoch_Dynasty

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Did you miss the "if there is any chance you will fail" part?

The guy who told me that is now a Maryland State Senator (Mike Miller)
also a neighbor when I lived in Maryland. He used to be the go to guy
for bikers busted for drugs or DUI. He was very good at getting people
off and I trusted his advice.
The reason you might always refuse is if you know the cop is going to
bust you anyway ... like Bruce.
I don't particularly like Springsteen, musically, politically or just
his personality but I think he got a raw deal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:37:13 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

[...]

Were you convicted? Did he have permission to search? Why did he want to look
in a briefcase?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Why the charges for such a low BAC ? Here in Arkansas the limit is
.08% , any lower they just warn you ... and suggest you might want to
switch drivers if another is with you and "sober" . But you're not going
to be hauled in for blowing a .02% .

I wondered about that. Back in the day if my BAC got down to .02% was
when I wasn't fit to drive.

Our DUI was .08 in the olde days -
I think it's .05 now ?
And young drivers can't have ANY alcohol.
John T.

National standard used to be .10% now is .08%, your state may be different IDK.
Thank MADD.

I joined DAMADD ...

\/

Drunks Against Mothers Against Drunk Driving

:-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, did you miss what you actually posted? It's just a few lines back, above:

"Most DUI lawyers will tell you to refuse the test if there is any
chance you will fail. Some just say always refuse. "

Like usual, the games and deception begins.

The guy who told me that is now a Maryland State Senator (Mike Miller)
also a neighbor when I lived in Maryland. He used to be the go to guy
for bikers busted for drugs or DUI. He was very good at getting people
off and I trusted his advice.
The reason you might always refuse is if you know the cop is going to
bust you anyway ... like Bruce.

So obviously you do know what you actually posted, you just repeated it.
I'm beginning to worry for you. Maybe you should get a checkup?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

As I wrote elsewhere, according to someone on the radio, the cops there
often overcharge. Maybe to intimidate in order to get a guilty plean on
a valid charge. Maybe because they get a kick out of charging people.
Maybe because some time in the past, they failed to charge some
violation or crime they could have and should have charged and the guy
got off scot-free, and now they charge everything they can think of,
just to be sure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

All cops do, essentially because they can then offer a lesser charge
and have the accused confess to that for the lesser penalty.

Maybe to intimidate in order to get a guilty plean on a valid charge.

Not intimidate so much as convince.

Maybe because they get a kick out of charging people.

Not usually because of the extensive paperwork involved.

Maybe because some time in the past, they failed to charge
some violation or crime they could have and should have
charged and the guy got off scot-free, and now they
charge everything they can think of, just to be sure.

That doesn't happen much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 09:48:51 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/2021 8:42 AM, Snag wrote:
[...]

They are just pumping up their productivity stat.
The arrest doesn't have to be upheld in court to give the cop credit
for the arrest stat.
A DUI is worth a lot more than a speeding ticket, passing the gate or
a littering bust. This is a Park Cop. If Vince Foster isn't found in
your patch, your life is not that exciting.