Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A lamp blew and then...

Kitchen has florries under the cupboards. Downlighters lighting the rest
of the worktops. A central pendant light over the table. All incandescent.
A 4 gang light switch at the door with three touch dimmers and a switch
for the florries.

The pendant light has a 4" Decorlamp 100w - BC. Which has blown. And NLA.
A halogen GLS lamp produces rather unpleasant patterns on the walls
through the lampshade. And looks very fierce viewed through the lampshade.
The large opal original was fine.

So let's find an LED to replace it. Not from TLC etc, and I want a 100w
equivalent.

Eventually find what look like should be OK from Any Lamp BV. Took ages to
arrive from the Netherlands. And is ES only. Eventually sourced ES pendant
lamp holders that take an ordinary lampshade - thanks to here.

Of course the touch dimmers are tungsten only. And don't want a mixture of
dimmers.

So make up a 4 gang plate with three push button trailing edge V-Pro and a
matching switch for the florries. And because of max load per dimmer have
to change the downlighter tungsten to LED too.

So instead of a couple of quid for a replacement lamp, it's cost me
getting on for 100 quid. It will be a long long time before I save that in
electricity costs.

--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.