Stewart

Default self build conservatory - glazing question

If it is polycarbonate then I used retaining clips at the bottom, they were
screwed to the wood and pointed upright so holding the sheeting which had a
sealing strip along the bottom edge. Even with this there was quite a bit
of expansion and contraction and over time the sealing strips distorted.
Also the sheets pulled away a little from the wall at the top end so yearly
I had to check the flashing.
"Nicholas" wrote in message
Hi

I'm building a softwood conservatory and want to use double glazed
units for the roof.

the question is ....

how do I constuct it so that the roof units are covered all around the
seal and prevent slippage of the units. I'm referring to the bottom
edge of the units that overhang the guttering.

???

Flashing ? Joinery ?

Any thoughts appreciated.