Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Getting Moderna Vaccine tomorrow

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

That's the reason I still run Win7 on my main system.
Only a couple wont run on Win10 but they are the
ones I use most of the day every day like WLM.

They are very old programs, but useful to me.

Mine arent that old but useful to me.

I don't play the games,

I only play Freecell Pro and only while 'watching'
videos or waiting for something to happen

I will admit to playing Free Cell, but that is the only one. I did play
the Tri-Peaks but found there were many combinations where you just can
not win. I hate games that do not have a solution. I guess that when I
thought games, it was the ones like Doom and whatever is the modern ones
now and not the simple card game.

I use Turbo Tax and I don't know for sure,but read that Win 7 will not
run that now. Now what does TT and Win have to do with operating
together ? I don't care, but that is the main reason I went from XP to
Win 10. TT quit running under XP.

My only seeing of Win 7 or 8 was that I bought some used computers
and a new laptop that had Win 7 on them and Win 10 was a free update, so
as soon as I saw the computers come up I went to the web and downloaded
win 10. I don't do anything that requires super fast speed, so the $ 100
to $ 150 used Dell computers seem to work fine for me. I had a coporate
copy of MS Office something or other and it would not fully work with
win 10. I have not tried it,but I bet my older Office 95 or 98 would not
run on win 10..

Dunno. Office 2003 does. Keeps crashing on my laptop and
I havent gotten around to checking if it's the laptop or Win10.
It is what I use on the main Win7 system.

Went to ebay and bought a license for one of the later
versions that did not require that stupid subscription
each year like win 365 or whatever.

I stopped torrenting free copys with 2003 when the UI
changed radically. I have heaps of Access apps and it
would be a massive job to update them for the later UI.

Much more of that crap and I will start using
the Open Office or Office LIbera that is free.

I hate the Basic in those, much prefer Visual Basic in Office.

I did the notepad for Freecell Pro in open office calc but
that was because it allows you to suppress all the stuff
like scroll bars, menus, toolbars etc and just have the small
part of the spreadsheet and the main window title bar visible.

You must be able to suppress the main window title bar
too because VSO Media Player does that but I havent
gotten around to checking out how to do that yet. I want
the notepad with just the essentials, no clutter at all.