Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 05:50:13 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread again

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Getting Moderna Vaccine tomorrow

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 11:35:30 -0600, Muggles wrote:

On 2/20/2021 6:48 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 11:05:23 -0600, Muggles wrote:

On 2/20/2021 11:02 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Muggles" wrote in message
On 2/15/2021 10:05 AM, Heywood wrote:
On 2/14/2021 1:05 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/14/2021 11:38 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Muggles" wrote in message
On 2/14/2021 5:27 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
Didn't know you use two.

We can't choose here either and they tend not to say which
outlets which
use which.

But I have feeling one could finesse it.

Just send someone to a clinic and see what's lying around, boxes,
bottles, wrappers, and whose name they have on it. check the
cardboard
boxes by the back door, part of the trash.* They you could go
there or
some other place.** But people are happy to get one invitation
and not
likely to wait for a pssible 2nd even if they could pick the
vaccine.

It's not really a vaccine, it's more of a genetic modification shot.

Apparently it doesn't work either since you still have to wear a
mask.

Apparently ...* Those who take it also don't mind being a science
experiment.

Beats dying very unpleasantly, stupid.

Everyone is going to die, and most believe dying will be unpleasant.
Most people don't die from covid.

But many do and it is somewhat avoidable so why not avoid it?

NOONE can avoid viruses.

Corse you can with vaccination, ****wit.

A vaccine is NO guarantee a person won't get sick.

No one is looking for guarantees.

Oh come on. You seem to think a vaccine is the answer to covid-19.

Obviously, vaccines are a big part of the solution, especially with what we
know so far about their extremely high rate of effectiveness and extremely
low rate of side effects. No one wants to be wearing masks indefinitely.

Many people don't want to become science experiments via a rushed
chemical treatment shot up in their veins.

The bad news is that there will always be some anti-vaxxers in every
population, always some who are slow to pick up on the science and the
benefits. The good news is that even they will eventually be protected when
enough of the people around them have been vaccinated.

I also note, and I want to thank you, for not pretending that the vaccines
are a form of gene therapy, (they very clearly are not), or that the
vaccines carry the virus, (they absolutely do not).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Muggles" wrote in message ...
On 2/21/2021 12:50 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Muggles" wrote in message
On 2/20/2021 2:32 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

Frankly, I don't think people are stupid, here.

Thats because you are one of the most stupid.

Evidently, disagreement equates to stupidity in your mind.

Nope, I dont agree with Cindy on quite a few issues,
particularly what can be done about voting fraud, but
have never said that she is stupid. Same with Ed, in his
case about the risk you take with adopted children and
their genes.

I dont attack anyone, I accurate state that stupids are stupid.

You're just like trader ... anyone who disagrees with him is "stupid" in
his mind.

I have just rubbed your stupid nose in
the fact that that is another of your lies.

And the fact that I am nothing like him.

Perhaps, you need a safe space to deal with your personal immaturity
issues.

No perhaps about the fact that you are very stupid.

And the fact that almost everyone in here has
noticed and commented on how stupid you are.

Silly man .... you can't see past your nose despite your face.

Stupid cow, cant even manage to come up with your own lines.

You sound like Trader....

So stupid that you havent even noticed that I'm not obsessed
with Trump and not actually stupid enough to believe that
Raygun single handedly ended the cold war either.

Right now, you're my entertainment.

Stupid cow, cant even manage to come up with your own lines.

Eventually, I'll get bored and stop responding to you.

Great, the sooner the better. There only so much of
your stupid **** anyone should have to put up with.

And you are attacking me. hypocrite.

Telling you the truth about your immature behavior

Telling you the truth isnt immature behaviour, stupid.

doesn't take much effort on my part.

But you are too stupid to even notice the hypocrisy.

reams of your even stupider hypocrisy flushed where it belongs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2021 11:22 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/15/2021 10:05 AM, Heywood wrote:
On 2/14/2021 1:05 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/14/2021 11:38 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

Everyone is going to die, and most believe dying will be unpleasant.
Most people don't die from covid.

But many do and it is somewhat avoidable so why not avoid it?

NOONE can avoid viruses.

Not all, but some specific ones can be with a little care and avoidance
of carriers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

And they work much better than masks too.

Many people don't want to become science experiments via a rushed
chemical treatment shot up in their veins.

The bad news is that there will always be some anti-vaxxers in every
population, always some who are slow to pick up on the science and the
benefits. The good news is that even they will eventually be protected
when
enough of the people around them have been vaccinated.

I also note, and I want to thank you, for not pretending that the vaccines
are a form of gene therapy, (they very clearly are not), or that the
vaccines carry the virus, (they absolutely do not).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
Didn't know you use two.

We can't choose here either and they tend not to say which
outlets which
use which.

But I have feeling one could finesse it.

Just send someone to a clinic and see what's lying around, boxes,
bottles, wrappers, and whose name they have on it. check the
cardboard
boxes by the back door, part of the trash.Â* They you could go
there or
some other place.Â*Â* But people are happy to get one invitation
and not
likely to wait for a pssible 2nd even if they could pick the
vaccine.

It's not really a vaccine, it's more of a genetic modification shot.

Apparently it doesn't work either since you still have to wear a
mask.

Apparently ...Â* Those who take it also don't mind being a science
experiment.

Beats dying very unpleasantly, stupid.

Everyone is going to die, and most believe dying will be unpleasant.
Most people don't die from covid.

But many do and it is somewhat avoidable so why not avoid it?

NOONE can avoid viruses.

Corse you can with vaccination, ****wit.

A vaccine is NO guarantee a person won't get sick.

No one is looking for guarantees.

Oh come on. You seem to think a vaccine is the answer to covid-19.

Obviously, vaccines are a big part of the solution, especially with what we
know so far about their extremely high rate of effectiveness and extremely
low rate of side effects. No one wants to be wearing masks indefinitely.

They are peddling gene therapy shots - not vaccines.

Many people don't want to become science experiments via a rushed
chemical treatment shot up in their veins.

The bad news is that there will always be some anti-vaxxers in every
population, always some who are slow to pick up on the science and the
benefits. The good news is that even they will eventually be protected when
enough of the people around them have been vaccinated.

True ... I'm not an anti-vaxxer.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Muggles" wrote in message
On 2/20/2021 2:32 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

Frankly, I don't think people are stupid, here.

Thats because you are one of the most stupid.

Evidently, disagreement equates to stupidity in your mind.

Nope, I dont agree with Cindy on quite a few issues,
particularly what can be done about voting fraud, but
have never said that she is stupid. Same with Ed, in his
case about the risk you take with adopted children and
their genes.

Oh, so you don't call men stupid? Gotcha.

I dont attack anyone, I accurate state that stupids are stupid.

You're just like trader ... anyone who disagrees with him is "stupid"
in his mind.

I have just rubbed your stupid nose in
the fact that that is another of your lies.

And the fact that I am nothing like him.

hmmm Why don't I feel like you're a success at rubbing my nose in
anything? hahaha

Perhaps, you need a safe space to deal with your personal immaturity
issues.

No perhaps about the fact that you are very stupid.

And the fact that almost everyone in here has
noticed and commented on how stupid you are.

Everyone? There's a small number of people who post here, so "everyone"
is relative and doesn't matter.

Silly man .... you can't see past your nose despite your face.

Stupid cow, cant even manage to come up with your own lines.

I have to use phrases you'll understand.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

So far, they can almost completely avoid any need for hospitalization,
Good enough for me, and for everyone that ever gets any vaccination.

Many people avoid hospitalization because THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEM functions
properly. A vaccine is NO guarantee a person won't get sick.

--
Maggie

You sure are math challenged. The rest of us see that the two vaccines are 95%
effective in preventing people from contracting symptomatic Covid, that even
the few that still contract it don't wind up hospitalized or dead, the cases are
much more moderate and treatable. You someone figure that since there is
no "guarantee" that means the vaccines are no good. There is no guarantee
that air bags or seat belts will save your life in an accident you have, but just like with
the vaccines we have lots of data that show both have significantly reduced
auto fatalities. BTW, were you at the insurrection? FBI looking for you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Not a guaranteed but it does see the vast majority who
are vaccinated avoid the virus with the best vaccines.

Vast majority?? naaaaa .... If that were true, once a person is
vaccinated, they wouldn't need to wear masks, social distance or do
anything else to not get sick.

--
Maggie

Again, this has been explained to you many times. The vaccine makers
did not test to see if the small percentage of people vaccinated who still
get infected can in turn infect others. So, not having data, the messsage
is don't be stupid until we know more. But Pfizer and other vaccine experts
have said that they believe it's very unlikely that this kind of infection is
of any significance. They just don't have data yet to be sure. Got it now?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Obviously you failed math class.

Try again ... I received awards in math ...
No one ever said any vaccine is a guarantee
that a person will not get sick.

You seem to think a vaccine, this one is a gene therapy disguised as a
vaccine, assists people in avoiding the virus. The opposite is true.
You're deliberately exposing yourself to the virus in order to trigger
your immune system to fight off the virus.

--
Maggie

You really have to be playing stupid. You're lying again, these vaccines
are not gene therapy, they do not alter your genes. And no vaccine works
so that you will avoid the virus. They work by building your immunity so
you either don't get infected or if you do, you have a much milder case,
don't wind up hospitalized, don't die. And none of these vaccines expose
you to the actual virus, they expose you to a piece of protein made to look
like part of the surface of the virus.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 3:37:43 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

It does see most who are vaccinated with that vaccine avoid that virus,
stupid.
A vaccine creates conditions that trigger the immune system to produce
an immunity response. In order for that to happen, a person is exposed
to a form of the virus. That is NOT AVOIDING that virus. That is
deliberately being exposed to it.

That's another whopping lie. None of the vaccines use the actual virus,
nor do they expose anyone to it. They use a piece of the spike protein
that's on the surface of the virus.

A few of the cruder ones do use killed or deactivated virus.

Not any of the Covid vaccines I'm aware of. Show us.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Not only that, but the vaccine protection takes a few weeks to become
effective after vaccination.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

It's not injected into veins, stupid. And that leaves more vaccine for the rest
of us, though it would be better for all if all were vaccinated. Why don't you ask
Herman Cain about what he thinks now about a vaccine and if he wished he
had it. He was on your page, denial, stupidity, no mask, no distancing, attending
Trump death rallies, even though he was in a high risk group. How did that
work out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Covid-19 Vaccines Can't Alter Your DNA, Here's Why - the mRNA Covid-19
vaccines are neither viruses, nor gene therapy and they won't change
your DNA.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victori...h=790e74e32491
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Muggles" wrote in message
On 2/20/2021 2:32 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

Frankly, I don't think people are stupid, here.

Thats because you are one of the most stupid.

Evidently, disagreement equates to stupidity in your mind.
I dont attack anyone, I accurate state that stupids are stupid..

You're just like trader ... anyone who disagrees with him is "stupid" in
his mind.

That's another lie. I call people stupid only after they have clearly demonstrated
it and you've earned the village idiot label right here in this thread over and over.
One stupid statement or lie after the other.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Correct, the covid vaccine is injected into muscle.

Why vaccines are injected in your upper arm muscle, and not in your veins.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...mmune/13031918
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Then you complain when we call you stupid. If you're not posting
that because you're stupid, it's because you know it's a lie.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

You really have to be playing stupid.Â*Â* You're lying again, these vaccines
are not gene therapy, they do not alter your genes.Â* And no vaccine works
so that you will avoid the virus.Â* They work by building your immunity so
you either don't get infected or if you do, you have a much milder case,
don't wind up hospitalized, don't die.Â* And none of these vaccines expose
you to the actual virus, they expose you to a piece of protein made to look
like part of the surface of the virus.

Covid-19 Vaccines Can't Alter Your DNA, Here's Why - the mRNA Covid-19 vaccines are neither viruses, nor gene therapy and they won't change your DNA.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victori...h=790e74e32491

Yet there is this:

https://www.maravipost.com/bill-gate...e-changes-dna/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Repeating that stupid lie changes nothing. Even the couple
of mRNA vaccines arent gene therapy and the rest of the
vaccines are in fact traditional vaccines like the flu vaccines
you are happy to be vaccinated with.

And in fact the two mRNA vaccines work much better than
the traditional vaccines, because the body doesnt develop
antibodys to the adenoviruses the traditional vaccines use.

Many people don't want to become science experiments via a rushed
chemical treatment shot up in their veins.

The bad news is that there will always be some anti-vaxxers in every
population, always some who are slow to pick up on the science and the
benefits. The good news is that even they will eventually be protected
when
enough of the people around them have been vaccinated.

True ... I'm not an anti-vaxxer.

I also note, and I want to thank you, for not pretending that the
vaccines
are a form of gene therapy, (they very clearly are not), or that the
vaccines carry the virus, (they absolutely do not).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Muggles" wrote in message
On 2/20/2021 2:32 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

Frankly, I don't think people are stupid, here.

Thats because you are one of the most stupid.

Evidently, disagreement equates to stupidity in your mind.

Nope, I dont agree with Cindy on quite a few issues,
particularly what can be done about voting fraud, but
have never said that she is stupid. Same with Ed, in his
case about the risk you take with adopted children and
their genes.

Oh, so you don't call men stupid?

Cindy is a woman, ****wit. You even called her a nasty
woman. She uses the nick angelica in her posts.

Gotcha.

Nope, you never do.

I dont attack anyone, I accurate state that stupids are stupid.

You're just like trader ... anyone who disagrees with him is "stupid" in
his mind.

I have just rubbed your stupid nose in
the fact that that is another of your lies.

And the fact that I am nothing like him.

hmmm

Humming aint gunna save your bacon, ****wit.

Why don't I feel like you're a success at rubbing my nose in anything?

Because you actually are that stupid. I just did again, above.

hahaha

Wota stunning line in rational argument you have there, you silly cow.

Perhaps, you need a safe space to deal with your personal immaturity
issues.

No perhaps about the fact that you are very stupid.

And the fact that almost everyone in here has
noticed and commented on how stupid you are.

Everyone?

I said ALMOST for a reason, ****wit.

There's a small number of people who post here,

Irrelevant to the phrase "almost everyone in here", ****wit.

so "everyone" is relative

Pity about the other words in the phrase.

and doesn't matter.

Mindlessly silly, as always from you.

Silly man .... you can't see past your nose despite your face.

Stupid cow, cant even manage to come up with your own lines.

I have to use phrases you'll understand.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/22/2021 10:56 AM, Muggles wrote:

They are peddling gene therapy shots - not vaccines.

\That is BS. Do you have evidence?

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/cov...ine/facts/mrna
Will an mRNA Vaccine Affect My DNA?
Because mRNA "instructs" cells to perform certain actions, some people
have expressed concerns about the vaccine affecting their DNA. This is
not true. mRNA vaccines will never interact with the body's DNA. In
fact, once the cell has finished using the mRNA, the cells break it down
and eliminate it from the body
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 05:08:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile Australian asshole's latest troll**** unread

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/22/2021 10:09 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/22/2021 10:56 AM, Muggles wrote:

They are peddling gene therapy shots - not vaccines.

\That is BS.Â* Do you have evidence?

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/cov...ine/facts/mrna
Will an mRNA Vaccine Affect My DNA?
Because mRNA "instructs" cells to perform certain actions, some people
have expressed concerns about the vaccine affecting their DNA. This is
not true. mRNA vaccines will never interact with the body's DNA. In
fact, once the cell has finished using the mRNA, the cells break it down
and eliminate it from the body

Right. The same immune response that the vaccine is given to create
immunity destroys the cells that the RNA entered.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Then you need to get out more.

Show us.

Just how many of you are there between those ears ?

It was at least one of the chinese vaccines and maybe an indian one from
memory.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Just because some fool journo stupidly claims something...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message
On 2/22/2021 10:09 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/22/2021 10:56 AM, Muggles wrote:

They are peddling gene therapy shots - not vaccines.

\That is BS. Do you have evidence?

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/cov...ine/facts/mrna
Will an mRNA Vaccine Affect My DNA?
Because mRNA "instructs" cells to perform certain actions, some people
have expressed concerns about the vaccine affecting their DNA. This is
not true. mRNA vaccines will never interact with the body's DNA. In fact,
once the cell has finished using the mRNA, the cells break it down and
eliminate it from the body

Right. The same immune response that the vaccine is given to create
immunity destroys the cells that the RNA entered.

That utterly mangles the real story.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

Yet there is this:

https://www.maravipost.com/bill-gate...e-changes-dna/

Just because some fool journo stupidly claims something...

Gates is just a business man, mainly a shister. He sold IBM something
he did not have. Then sold it for $ 49 instead of the $ 149 that the
compeating company wanted for the operating system for the IBM
computers.

The product was licensed insead of sold. It does not even come with a
warrenty to work very well.

This new Windows 10 is always updating putting more and more junk on the
computer that I do not want or need. Other than the Office program I
don;t think that I use any programs by MS.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...%20occupations.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Yet there is this:

https://www.maravipost.com/bill-gate...e-changes-dna/

Just because some fool journo stupidly claims something...

Gates is just a business man, mainly a shister.

Gates never said that about the vaccines.

He sold IBM something he did not have. Then sold it for
$ 49 instead of the $ 149 that the compeating company
wanted for the operating system for the IBM computers.

The product was licensed insead of sold.

Just as true of most software.

It does not even come with a warrenty to work very well.

Just as true of most software.

This new Windows 10 is always updating putting more and
more junk on the computer that I do not want or need.

That's very arguable with the security updates and you can
turn the updates off if you want to, just a bit fiddly to do.

Other than the Office program I don;t
think that I use any programs by MS.

That and their OSs are their main products apart from their games consoles
etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...virus_vaccines

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

I hope that's true, but in the very recent past you've suggested that the
various Covid-19 vaccines are a form of gene therapy and that they contain
the actual virus and that you won't be putting them into your veins because
you don't want to be a science experiment or guinea pig. Does any of that
ring a bell? If so, you're an anti-vaxxer.

BTW, there are at least 3 problems with what you've been saying.
1. These vaccines are not a form of gene therapy.
2. These vaccines do not use or contain the actual virus.
3. These vaccines aren't injected into your veins.

I also note, and I want to thank you, for not pretending that the vaccines
are a form of gene therapy, (they very clearly are not), or that the
vaccines carry the virus, (they absolutely do not).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 06:17:07 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
and totally irresponsible talk. Your mouth could get you into a lot of
trouble."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 06:14:23 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rodent:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/22/2021 2:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Yet there is this:

https://www.maravipost.com/bill-gate...e-changes-dna/

Just because some fool journo stupidly claims something...

Gates is just a business man, mainly a shister. He sold IBM something
he did not have. Then sold it for $ 49 instead of the $ 149 that the
compeating company wanted for the operating system for the IBM
computers.

The product was licensed insead of sold. It does not even come with a
warrenty to work very well.

This new Windows 10 is always updating putting more and more junk on the
computer that I do not want or need. Other than the Office program I
don;t think that I use any programs by MS.

I was thinking of responding that I wonder what Dr. Jill Biden might say.

I had recalled Gates future projection of being wrong about the internet:

https://www.inc.com/tess-townsend/wh...the-1990s.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote
Rod Speed wrote

This new Windows 10 is always updating putting more and
more junk on the computer that I do not want or need.

That's very arguable with the security updates and you can
turn the updates off if you want to, just a bit fiddly to do.

Windows XP did all that I needed it to do.

I find Win7 much better.

Then it got to where other products would
not run on it, so I went to Windows 10.

I still mostly use Win7 but have found a couple of
things like Calibre that wont update on that now.
No big deal, I have other Win10 systems.

MS had a about 14 years to get the bugs and security right in XP.

Security is always a moving feast.

Never seemed to.

Not possible with security. Everyone else has the same problem.

Then Win 10 came out, so they have to start
all over getting bugs and security corrections.

Not really, most of it migrates from the previous OS.

So far I have not had much trouble with the
updates but know of several others that have.

Yeah, it has bitten quite a few.

I don't update Win7, just applied service
packs if something was a problem.

One of my biggest gripes is that Win 10 will
not run some older programs that I often use.

That's the reason I still run Win7 on my main system.
Only a couple wont run on Win10 but they are the
ones I use most of the day every day like WLM.

They are very old programs, but useful to me.

Mine arent that old but useful to me.

I don't play the games,

I only play Freecell Pro and only while 'watching'
videos or waiting for something to happen.

but did have Doom loaded on the old computers
mainly to evualuate how fast the computer/video
card is. Doom will not run under Win 10.

Win 10 broke the audio link from one program to another.
So some 3rd party software is needed for that.

I would like to have the paired windows that Win10 has
but Win7 doesn't, for the freecell pro notepad of my own
done in open office calc which also does keeping track
of which ep I am up to in multi ep files.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

Not when she gets the flu shots, it just makes her more cautious
about the more quickly developed covid vaccines, presumably
until lots more have received the covid vaccines and we can
see if there are any longer term downsides with any of them.

BTW, there are at least 3 problems with what you've been saying.
1. These vaccines are not a form of gene therapy.
2. These vaccines do not use or contain the actual virus.
3. These vaccines aren't injected into your veins.

I also note, and I want to thank you, for not pretending that the
vaccines
are a form of gene therapy, (they very clearly are not), or that the
vaccines carry the virus, (they absolutely do not).

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

That's the reason I still run Win7 on my main system.
Only a couple wont run on Win10 but they are the
ones I use most of the day every day like WLM.

They are very old programs, but useful to me.

Mine arent that old but useful to me.

I don't play the games,

I only play Freecell Pro and only while 'watching'
videos or waiting for something to happen

I will admit to playing Free Cell, but that is the only one. I did play
the Tri-Peaks but found there were many combinations where you just can
not win. I hate games that do not have a solution. I guess that when I
thought games, it was the ones like Doom and whatever is the modern ones
now and not the simple card game.

I use Turbo Tax and I don't know for sure,but read that Win 7 will not
run that now. Now what does TT and Win have to do with operating
together ? I don't care, but that is the main reason I went from XP to
Win 10. TT quit running under XP.

My only seeing of Win 7 or 8 was that I bought some used computers
and a new laptop that had Win 7 on them and Win 10 was a free update, so
as soon as I saw the computers come up I went to the web and downloaded
win 10. I don't do anything that requires super fast speed, so the $ 100
to $ 150 used Dell computers seem to work fine for me. I had a coporate
copy of MS Office something or other and it would not fully work with
win 10. I have not tried it,but I bet my older Office 95 or 98 would not
run on win 10.. Went to ebay and bought a license for one of the later
versions that did not require that stupid subscription each year like
win 365 or whatever. Much more of that crap and I will start using the
Open Office or Office LIbera that is free.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/22/2021 4:36 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I only play Freecell Pro and only while 'watching'
videos or waiting for something to happen

I will admit to playing Free Cell, but that is the only one. I did play
the Tri-Peaks but found there were many combinations where you just can
not win. I hate games that do not have a solution. I guess that when I
thought games, it was the ones like Doom and whatever is the modern ones
now and not the simple card game.

I've played a lot of Free Cell. Started with game 1 and play in
sequence. Had it on my home and work computers. One started with 1,
another at 1000 and the third at 2000 so I could keep track.

At work I'd play it while on the phone or if I just needed a few minutes
break.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Dunno. Office 2003 does. Keeps crashing on my laptop and
I havent gotten around to checking if it's the laptop or Win10.
It is what I use on the main Win7 system.

Went to ebay and bought a license for one of the later
versions that did not require that stupid subscription
each year like win 365 or whatever.

I stopped torrenting free copys with 2003 when the UI
changed radically. I have heaps of Access apps and it
would be a massive job to update them for the later UI.

Much more of that crap and I will start using
the Open Office or Office LIbera that is free.

I hate the Basic in those, much prefer Visual Basic in Office.

I did the notepad for Freecell Pro in open office calc but
that was because it allows you to suppress all the stuff
like scroll bars, menus, toolbars etc and just have the small
part of the spreadsheet and the main window title bar visible.

You must be able to suppress the main window title bar
too because VSO Media Player does that but I havent
gotten around to checking out how to do that yet. I want
the notepad with just the essentials, no clutter at all.