Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default shovelling snow

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 00:18:42 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 22:00:10 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 21 Feb 2021 09:21:30 -0500,
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 04:02:11 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:29:11 -0500,
wrote:

I'd much rather be cold than hot. With cold you can put on more clothes.
There's an absolute limit to how much you can take off.

The sub tropics are not for snowflakes you might melt
I am actually pretty used to it but you are actually better off with a
cotton shirt than not wearing one if you are in the sun. You might

eVERYONE Says that but it's not my experience, even in the sun.

Have you been in the sun that much? I am not talking about low on the
horizon sun, I mean where it is not tempered as much by the
atmosphere.

Yes, I've been in the midday sun in the middle of summer on a sunny day,
and I've been doing physical work there, and I like it better with my
shirt off than my shirt on.

I tend to trust people who live below the tropic of cancer

So don't trust me. I'm not telling you or anyone how to behave. I am
saying that for some people, my method works better. Surely you don't
think everyone is the same.

about working in the sun more than people closer to the arctic circle.
You seldom if ever see a Mexican or Guatemalan with his shirt off if
he is working. They must know something.

Or they're used to it, or conforming to cultural rules about modesty.

Or something about their ethnnic, genetic background makes them respond
differently from me. Anyhow, I'm not going to change my habits to go
by a second-hand report of what Mexicans and Guatemalans do.

You made me curious so I looked. My first search didn't bother to
specify working and some of the hits were about swimming:

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/wh...hes-on-6586495
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Mexican...earing-clothes

If they wear clothes while swimming, I'm not going to feel prompted to
copy their style when dry.

Changing the search terms didn't work well, so I'm quitting.

Wear sunscreen

Wear an armored vest and see what that feels like.

Or better yet, wear turnout gear.

--
Tekkie