Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default pink salt

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 10:06:07 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 21 Feb 2021 01:57:54 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 20:25:46 -0800 (PST), AK
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 4:16:08 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 11:08:34 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 9:58:59 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.
Good. I was worried they were stealing my Himalayan pink salt when I
wasn't looking.

You beat me to it, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Before I posted, I googled and found that stuff, but it seemed too
expensive to do sidewalks with.

What is the point of that stuff?
Road crews use salt on roads and other surfaces in the winter Salt lowers the freezing point of water, which prevents ice from forming Salt loses its effectiveness once the temperature falls below 15 degrees In addition to clearing snow and ice from roads, plows also put down a lot of salt on roads and other surfaces this time of year.
Andy

Thanks, but I meant what is the point of Himalayan pink salt.

Purest finest quality hand-mined Pink Salt on earth is mined from
deep under the pristine Himalayan Mountains formed in the Jurassic era.
Himalayan Pink Salt is the perfect addition to any meal like
seasoning Meats, Grilled Chicken, Fish, Ribs, Vegetables, Salads, Pasta,
Egg, soups, Drinks, Stews and is also a flavorful to use for Baking.
Himalayan Pink Salt has over 80+ trace minerals and electrolytes.
The darker the color the more minerals are in the salt so Wild Pink
truly is nature's way of replenishing your body!You can also use it to
create homemade body scrubs and bath soaks, and you may have seen or own
a Himalayan salt lamp made from pink Himalayan salt. Historically, the
people of the Himalayas have used this versatile salt to preserve meat
and fish.
Himalayan salt is well known for its amazing health benefits because
of minerals and trace elements essential to our health and wellbeing.
Himalayan Pink Salt has a Smooth, Unassuming Flavor, even more
subtle than high-quality Sea Salts. It is a must have staple in the
healthy kitchen. It is Non-GMO and does not contain any MSG, Soy,
Gluten, Dairy, or anti-caking agents.

$11 for two pounds. Does it make the food taste different from regular
salt?

Possibly. Someone with extremely sensitive taste buds might be
able to detect the minerals. (I can taste the iodide in regular table
salt, but only to the extent that un-iodized salt tastes a little flat.)

Mostly it's a function of grain size and shape. Coarse salt provides
a burst of saltiness as you crunch on a crystal.

Cindy Hamilton