Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default shovelling snow

Ralph Mowery wrote
says...

There is a lot of home building going on near me.
Many of the workers are Mexican, as are many of
the landscape people. I don't recall ever seeing
one shirtless. Most working outside have wide
brim hats too, no backwards ball caps.

Only shirtless person I see is my
scrawny gringo next door neighbor.

Most people in the know that work outside in the sun will have cloths
on that cover all the skin but the face and a hat with a large brim.

That isnt the way we do it here and we
have the skin cancer stats to prove it.

It doesn't appear to be true of Cindy's landscapers either.

Except for the Arabs that still cover all the skin as much as possiable.

Why the except ? Is there a typo somewhere ?

Even the old farmers will be dressed the same way.

A mate of mine did say he was amazed that some of
the ag labourers here used to wear full heavy jumpers
in the middle of our summer when working in the fields,
mostly harvesting wheat and rice and stuff like that.

Never saw that myself.

It may be hot, but beats getting sun burned

You don't get sunburned if you do it all the time
and start doing it when its warm enough.

and possiable skin cancer at later years.

Not just possible, certain. I don't have any on my
upper body or arms or legs, only on my head and
ears. I always hated hats and never wore them.