Posted to alt.home.repair

Default shovelling snow

On 2/21/2021 10:00 PM, micky wrote:

about working in the sun more than people closer to the arctic circle.
You seldom if ever see a Mexican or Guatemalan with his shirt off if
he is working. They must know something.

Or they're used to it, or conforming to cultural rules about modesty.

Or something about their ethnnic, genetic background makes them respond
differently from me. Anyhow, I'm not going to change my habits to go
by a second-hand report of what Mexicans and Guatemalans do.

There is a lot of home building going on near me. Many of the workers
are Mexican, as are many of the landscape people. I don't recall ever
seeing one shirtless. Most working outside have wide brim hats too, no
backwards ball caps.

Only shirtless person I see is my scrawny gringo next door neighbor.